| "I really worry about everything going to the cloud, I think it's going to be horrendous. With the cloud, you don't own anything. You already signed it away. I want to feel that I own things."
– Steve Wozniak, Apple Inc. Co-founder, 2012-07-04.
This page collects resources related to Open Source Cloud Computing (OSCC). There is a natural synergy between free open source software and cloud computing, since the availability and modifiability of FOSS enables faster development of more powerful solutions, and it solves the main concern about the cloud by providing user control of software and data to avoid extreme lock-in.
 Data Centers
Buildings and infrastructure that serve large cloud solutions.
- Open Compute - an open source documentation project for scalable, efficient, and environmental data centers (started by FaceBook).
 Desktop Virtualization
FOSS all software desktop computers available over the Internet.
- FreeNX - the original NX compression software.
- neatx - Google NX compression.
- SPICE - Red Hat NX compression.
- x2go - x-windows compression.
 Distributed Computing
FOSS distributed tools for very high scalability.
- Cassandra - scalable data replication and fault tolerance.
- Hadoop - processing of very large data sets across large numbers of computers.
- Mesos - application resource management across server clusters.
- Storm - distributed processing of very large data sets.
 Infrastructure as a Service
FOSS cloud virtual server management software.
- OpenStack - original FOSS cloud IaaS project.
 Cloud Management
FOSS software to build and manage clouds.
- Deltacloud - an abstract cloud management layer.
- Juju - management of cloud services (from Canonical/Ubuntu).
- jclouds - abstracts multiple cloud API's with Java.
- Libcloud - a library that abstracts multiple cloud API's.
 Cloud Operating Systems
Operating systems specifically configured for the cloud.
 Software as a Service (SaaS)
Open source applications available in a cloud offering over the Internet.
 General Software
Apps where only one FOSS offering is so far identified for the segment.
- CiviCRM - association and non-profit management.
- Collabtive - project management and collaboration.
- EGroupware - web-based groupware.
- OrangeHRM - Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- vTiger - customer relationship management.
 Document Management
- Alfresco - one of the first document management solutions.
- Nuxeo - scalable document management solution.
 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- OpenERP - widely used ERP solution.
- Opentaps - widely used ERP solution.