From Free Open Source Software
The following sites provide access to most of the Free Open Source Software available on the Internet:
- Apache Software Foundation - Originally the source for the popular Apache web server. Now offers an array of Free Open Source Software web development services, including Java applications servers, frameworks, and application development tools.
- The Document Foundation - The popular open system office suite, now called LibreOffice, including the Writer word processor, Calc spreadsheet, Impress presentation software, Base database manager, and related tools. Excellent interoperability with MS Office.
- GitHub - Provides access through the GIT configuration management system to large amounts of FOSS.
- Mozilla.org – Best known for the Firefox web browser. Also supports development of the Thunderbird email application and related components.
- Open Hub - Formerly Ohloh, provides a good rating system and other useful metrics for FOSS.
- Savannah - Central point for development, distribution, and maintenance of GNU software. See related Free Software Foundation focused on GNU policy and licensing.