- "The open source software development movement has produced a number of very powerful and useful software development tools, but it has also evolved a software development process that works well under conditions where normal development processes fail. The software engineering field can learn much from the way that successful open source projects gather requirements, make design decisions, achieve quality, and support users."
- - Tigris.org
Tigris.org is an open source community focused on building better tools for collaborative software development. Tigris.org provides information resources for software engineering professionals and students, and a home for open source software engineering tool projects. Each project on Tigris maintains its own community: forums, downloads, policies, and the rest. Some popular projects:
- Tigris Home
- Subversion, the premier open-source version control system
- ArgoUML, the leading open source UML modeling tool
- Scarab, a highly customizable Artifact tracking system
- ReadySET, Ready-to-use Software Engineering Templates